This soup was a bit spicy for me but Jack loved it so I recommend deciding what level of spice you can handle before you cut up your jalapeno. If you like just a little kick at the end I would only use 1/4 of a large jalapeno.
Ingredients
2 apples
1 large sweet potato
1/2 onion
1/2 large jalapeno
1/4 c. white wine
1 32oz. box chicken broth
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp/ pepper
Directions
Chop the apples, sweet potato, onion, and jalapeno into thinly sliced chunks. Add ingredients to large soup pan along with 1 tbsp. of butter. Add spices. Mix well. Add 1/4 c. white wine of your choice, mine was a chardonnay. Stir until ingredients are coated. Add half the broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Stir, add the rest of the broth and let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
Finally, pour ingredients into a mixer and puree. Presto your soup is complete! If you want a creamier soup, simply add a small amount of cream to the mix after you puree.
4 comments:
YUM.!
How many servings would these proportions make, Tiffany?
Oh, good question! This recipe makes roughly 4 servings. At about 2 cups per serving.
Oh my. . . the bread loaf looks so wonderful, this site is making me want to cook --It all looks so amazing! I'll have to make dad try a few!
This is one that I plan on trying soon. Looks goos Tiffany!
Post a Comment